Immediately after waking up, you should drink 700–800 milliliters of plain water. If we do not chew food properly, our digestive process may get disturbed. Food should be chewed at least 32 times.
One should not take bath immediately after meals as it has a bad effect on the digestion process.
Refraining from cold water after meals can improve digestion. No water after your meal till 45 minutes. Whole foods are rich in nutrients and offer numerous health benefits, while processed foods increase the risk of digestive disorders.
Late-night meals may lead to indigestion issues. Strengthening the abdominal muscles can also be beneficial. Avoid alcohol until your digestion improves.
Remember, a healthy digestive system leads to a healthier you! 🌱💧
common symptoms of weak and poor digestion
- Feeling full, tight, or swollen in the abdomen after eating
- Difficulty passing stools or having fewer bowel movements than usual
- Loose, watery stools that occur more frequently than usual
- A burning sensation in the chest or throat after eating
- Feeling sick to your stomach, discomfort, and throwing up
- A reduced desire to eat
- Losing weight without trying to
why food digestion is important for stomach
Digestion is important for food to be converted into nutrients that the body can use for energy, development, and cell repair. Before being absorbed by the blood and transported to the cells throughout the body, nutrients from food and drink must first be broken down into smaller molecules.
According to Ayurvedic juice remedies for improving your digestion
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Amla juice is effective in relieving acidity and heartburn. Take 15-20 milliliters of amla juice and mix it with an equal amount of water. Consume it empty stomach every morning.
- Wood Apple Juice (Bael Sharbat): You can prepare wood apple juice using the pulp of a ripe fruit. Soak the pulp in a cup of water for a few minutes and use your hands to mix it well. Strain the pulp and blend it thoroughly. Add sugar or jaggery as per your taste, and consume it daily.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera juice is highly beneficial for people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome and acid reflux. Take 1/4 cup of aloe vera juice with 1/2 cup of water on an empty stomach every morning.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is an effective home remedy for severe constipation, indigestion, or acidity. Make it a habit to drink a glass of buttermilk on an empty stomach every morning. You can add a tablespoon of Triphala powder to a glass of buttermilk and consume it after meals.
- Psyllium Husk (Isabgol): Psyllium husk is used to regulate bowel movements and provide relief from constipation. Mix 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk in a glass of warm milk and drink it before bedtime every night.
- Triphala: Triphala is a blend of three medicinal herbs: Haritaki, Amla, and Bibhitaki. It’s excellent for improving digestion and preventing constipation. Take a teaspoon of Triphala powder every night before going to bed for better digestion and a healthy gut.
Remember, these natural remedies can significantly enhance your digestive health. Cheers to a happier tummy! 🌿😊
Best 5 yoga asanas for improving digestion
- Ardha matsyendrasana
- Twisted malasana
- Twisted cobra pose