- A case has been registered against Mufti Salman Azhari on charges of hate speech and promoting enmity between religious groups.
- Gujarat Police has detained Islamic preacher Maulana Mufti Salman Azhari for giving an inflammatory speech in Junagadh.
- Gujarat ATS along with Mumbai Police arrested Maulana and sent him to Junagadh.
- After his arrest, his supporters gathered and demonstrated outside the Ghatkopar police station, which led to traffic jams and tension in the area.
- After the arrest, Mufti Salman Azhari requested his supporters to maintain law and order and appealed to maintain peace.
- According to Mufti Salman Azhari’s lawyer Wahid Shaikh, 35-40 policemen in civil dress arrived at his house in the morning and took him away with the Mumbai Police.
What did Mufti Salman Azhari say in his speech?
(kuchh der kee khaamoshee hai phir shor aaega, aaj ka vakt hinduo ka hai, kal hamaara daur aaega) Translation English:-There is silence for some time and then there will be noise. Today is the time of Hindus; tomorrow will be our turn.
Which section has been imposed on Mufti Salman Azhari?
Police have registered a case against Mufti Salman Azhari under sections 153B and 5052 and heavy security arrangements have been made in Mumbai after his arrest.
Who is Mufti Salman Azhari?
Mufti Salman Azhari is an Islamic scholar and YouTuber from Mumbai. He had attended a meeting in Junagadh, Gujarat, on January 31. Mufti was accused of making inflammatory statements during his address. Gujarat Police also registered a case against Mufti program organizers under section 153B. The entire case of inciting religious sentiments has been registered under